Sunday, March 9, 2014

BRAND NEW RELEASE FROM PRAIRIE ROSE PUBLICATIONS! by CHERYL PIERSON

I'M GIVING AWAY A DIGITAL COPY OF THE HALF-BREED'S WOMAN TODAY! JUST LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR CONTACT INFO IN IT TO BE ENTERED IN THE DRAWING!

U.S. Deputy Marshal Jaxson McCall tracks runaway debutante Callie Buchanan from Washington, D.C., into the unforgiving badlands of Indian Territory.  But once the sparks fly between them, can he bring himself to take the beautiful young woman in to face an attempted murder charge?

Callie's greedy stepfather, a powerful government official, has his own plans for her—a  fate much worse than jail. Jaxson must protect her at all costs—even if it means his own death—or losing his heart to “The Half-Breed’s Woman”.

Excerpt:

Callie stretched out on her bed, her thoughts scattering in all directions. She’d stayed here in Fort Smith too long. By now, she knew they’d be searching the entire country for her. But, maybe by coming west, she would elude the whole bunch of them. She sighed as she turned onto her stomach.
The hotel was nice, with a clean room and a comfortable bed. The people in Arkansas seemed so friendly. Much more so than in Washington. They wouldn’t be so friendly if they knew what she’d done.
Who would have thought she’d become a murderess before her eighteenth birthday? She had killed a man, but her stepfather had left her no choice. Not after the things he’d said to her.
Tears filled her eyes, and she flopped restlessly onto her back, staring up at the ceiling. A life for a life. Deep in her heart she knew Dunstan Treadwell had killed her mother. She just couldn’t prove it. And who would’ve believed her anyway?
Her stepfather was a very well-respected and influential man in Washington. He’d been in a hurry to marry her mother for her money, but Callie knew Treadwell already had run through most of it.
Did anyone else know? He’d kept it well-hidden. But, she was certain his gambling cronies knew what kind of financial distress he was in. That was why he was determined to—
She jerked her thoughts away quickly. Unbearable thoughts.

BIO:
Cheryl was born in Duncan, OK, and grew up in Seminole, OK. She graduated from the University of Oklahoma, and holds a B.A. in English. Cheryl lives with her husband in Oklahoma City, OK, where she has been for the past 29 years. She has two grown children, and a Great Pyrenees "granddog", Embry.

LINKS: 

13 comments:

  1. Stories like this can be fun on an e-reader, but since I will want to re-read the paper version is so much more satisfactory. Can't wait to add to my collection of your stories. Love them all. (And this one sounds really good.) Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story sounds interesting Cheryl. Callie runs to Fort Smith to escape the law. But the law of the west is at Fort Smith. I'll bet it doesn't take her long to run further west. Guess I'll just have to read it to find out.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl!

    I definitely need to find out what happens to Callie! Great cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again, Cheryl! Congrats to you for coming out with another book! I'll put my name in the hat for sure. :-) Happy Lord's Day to you. Janice jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Doris. I agree--I love having the print copy in my hands, but I do enjoy my e-reader, too. Still, I'm really anxious to get my author copies and hold them in my hot little hand. LOL
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry, she is so naïve, having never left Washington, D.C. and now being on her own in the world. Yes, it won't take her long to get going again, but guess who is riding along with the stagecoach she's on? Yep---Dep. Marshal McCall...LOL Thanks for commenting!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alisa, Livia Reasoner made this cover and it's one of my favorites I've ever had. Actually, it's one of my favorites anywhere, anytime. She did one for me for Time Plains Drifter that is tied in my mind with this one. She is one talented lady! I've got you in the drawing!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice! I'm thrilled to have this one out there finally--it was a book that has been waiting its turn for quite a while now. LOL I've got you in the drawing! Thanks so much for coming by, my friend.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lordy, Cheryl, you're everywhere today.
    I know this is going to be a great story. I guess you all but killed this hero. LOL
    I want to know how you find the time or energy for all this. Whatever you're taking, I want some.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl,

    Whew! The cover itself bodes a risk to old men with bad hearts. What will the story do? Congratulations, on getting another book out there. Your ambition and accomplishments are amazing.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, you know how I am with my guys in these romance stories! LOL I cannot lie--I've had this story waiting in the wings for a while until I could edit it again. Thanks for coming by, dear friend!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlie, take meds before you read it--it's a hot one.

    Thanks for your kind words!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I picked two winners today, and they are...JANICE HOUGLAND and ALISA BOISCLAIR!!!!!!!

    Thanks to everyone who stopped by and commented today!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete